Tuesday, December 11, 2012

My Brother's Keeper


I have been reading My Brother’s Keeper. It is a great book for people that like history because it is about a girl that lived in Gettysburg when the civil war was happening. This book was written like a diary. After her pa and brother, Jed, go away to help her uncle, she has to stay with a family. While she is there, she has to share a room with a girl that is in love with her brother. When the battle starts, she gets worried. Pa comes home without Jed, and they start to look for him in field hospitals. Will they ever find Jed? Is he okay?

I like this book because the author used parts of history in the book. An example of this is when Abraham Lincoln went to Gettysburg to give his speech. This is a great book. 


I recommend this book for people that like history. I give this book 5 paws.

Posted By:  Sparkles

3 comments:

  1. This looks like a book I'd like. Thanks for recommendeing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sparkles Mawmaw recommends this book.

    ReplyDelete