Wednesday, November 28, 2012

The Black Stallion



Horses come in different varieties, big, small, or weak horses. The Black Stallion is about a boy, Alec, and a wild big stallion that is on a ship called “Drake”. Alec is in India over the summer to visit his Uncle. He gets on the Drake to go back to New York and sees a large stallion. Alec was shocked at how beautiful and big the stallion is. That night a storm hits and the ship wrecks. The Drake crashes, they go out to the open sea. A group of men see them swimming and help them on the boat. They get back to New York and Alec gets to meet he parents. Alec tells his parents about the horse and they let him keep the horse.

This book was recommended by my fourth grade teacher. I read a little of it in fourth grade, but I didn’t like it. However in the beginning of fifth grade I started reading it again. I liked it more than I did in fourth grade. 

I liked this book because Alec is determined to train the stallion and make him enter a big race with other famous horses. Alec and his horse practice on a track at night without telling his parents. The stallion runs so fast Alec can’t hang on the whole time. They get better and better each night. When the day of the race comes, the black stallion gets nervous and gets a little wild. The author uses a lot of action when the stallion is in the race. The author described a lot of what was going on in the race and I thought I was right there sitting on a bench and looking at the track.

If you don’t have a book to read right now and you like books with action, I highly recommend this book. Overall I give this book 5paws. 

Posted by: Runner7

4 comments:

  1. Runner 7, you did a great job of writing a clear and concise summary of the book. I also like how you explained what the author did well. Keep up the great writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for commenting Mrs Cook. It was very hard to write a good review and not ruin the book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You did a great job.

      Delete
    2. Whats up dog. This Rapper Boy and I just want to say that, the black stallion is one of the best books I've ever read. it was so good. If you like this book then you will probably like the book called War horse.

      Rapper Boy OUT!!$$

      Delete